Below is a checklist to help you prepare for your move. You don’t have to do everything at once – we promise.
Five to eight weeks before moving:
- Calculate moving expenses and create a moving expense receipt file.
- Verify with your insurance company and credit card companies that your belongings are covered for the move.
- Transfer insurance policies to your new address.
- Contact doctor, dentist, pharmacist and vet for referrals.
- Begin using food and cleaning supplies already on hand.
- Start cleaning closets, bookcases and other storage areas.
- Have a yard sale or donate unwanted items to charity.
Three to five weeks before moving:
- Research and choose a bank at your new location.
- Schedule disconnection of utilities.
- Contact utility companies in new area to sign up for new service.
- Register your children in their new schools.
- Begin packing nonessential items like books, seasonal clothing or sporting equipment.
- Call 1st Choice Movers to schedule your move. 904-373-9974
Day of the move:
- Consolidate any items that should not be packed or moved with the shipment into one or two specific areas of your home and advise the moving crew. This would include items being transported in your personal vehicle(s) such as clothing, medicines, pet supplies and animal carriers.
- Then sit back…….relax and let us take care of everything else.